Further advice and information
- NSPCC: Bullying – Tips for Parents and Carers: nspcc.org.uk/what-is-child-abuse/types-of-abuse/bullying-and-cyberbullying
- Health for Kids: Bullying: healthforkids.co.uk/feelings
- Bullying UK: bullying.co.uk
- Kidscape: kidscape.org.uk
- Anti-Bullying Alliance: anti-bullyingalliance.org.uk
If you think your child is bullying others
If you think your child may be bullying another child or other children, then consider why they might be doing this. They might be going through a difficult time or copying someone else’s behaviour, such as an older child or grown-up. Explain that bullying is unacceptable and how it hurts other people and ask them how they might feel if it were happening to them. Encourage your child to be friendly, kind and understanding and watch how they behave when they are around other children.